The TALENTS DE MODE competition is open to any person, regardless of his or her nationality, status, or professional situation, speaking French or English. The applicants must be aged at least 18 years old on January 1, 2018, and must be established in the form of a company (or in the process of being so) for less than three years, with a project to put forward in the clothing, accessories, innovation and textiles fields, or any service applied to these business sectors. Individuals possessing the status of auto-entrepreneur (a French simplified self-employment status) since 2015 may also compete. The project may be proposed by a team.
APPLICATIONS OPEN : OCTOBER 2017
Each application must be completed and accompanied by the requested items. Namely:
• A video pitch lasting a maximum of 2 minutes
• Brand presentation aids: catalogue, flyers, press kit, press publications and coverage
• Pictures (brand image, atmosphere) or a lookbook presenting the whole collection
• Provisional budget for the next 2 years
• Balance sheet and income statement for the last two financial years for companies which are already set up
• A VAT-inclusive retail price list (with ex-VAT trade prices if sold through an intermediary)
• The CV of the manager and his team
• Photocopy of the identity documents
• K-bis (company registration document) of the company, if set up
• A copy of the Talents de Mode 2018 rules, initialled on each page and signed.
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: APRIL 2, 2018
The applicants’ completed application forms may be handed in or sent to the Village des Créateurs, Passage Thiaffait, 19 rue René Leynaud, 69001 LYON or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org sending the products by parcel post.
PRE-JURY SCREENING SESSION: DURING APRIL 2018
(EXAMINATION OF THE APPLICATIONS AND SELECTION OF THE FINALISTS).
A jury of professionals meets to select the finalists based on the applications and products, with 10 finalists being invited to present their brand or future company to the final jury.
FINAL JURY WITH ORAL PRESENTATIONS BY THE FINALISTS: BETWEEN LATE MAY AND EARLY JUNE 2018
The 10 finalists are invited to present their brand, their collection and their concept via a "presentation corner". Each in turn, the finalists will be interviewed by the jury for 30 minutes, with 15 minutes of presentations and 15 minutes of discussions with the jury members.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE TALENTS DE MODE PRIZE-WINNERS: BETWEEN LATE MAY AND EARLY JUNE 2018
The jury's deliberations and the announcement of the results will take place the same day after having interviewed each of the finalists. The announcement of the results and the awarding of the prizes for the Talents de Mode competition take place the same evening in the presence of an audience comprised of more than 300 people (designers, creative start-ups, institutional stakeholders, journalists, etc.).
OPENING OF THE SHOWROOM IN PASSAGE THIAFFAIT, IN LYON: SEPTEMBER 2018
The prize-winner may take up his or her place in the studio-boutique during the summer of 2018 with the opening of the shop envisaged in early September 2018.